Would you rather walk barefoot over a Lego field than try to figure out what to feed your family?
Are you looking for a solution that isn't just take-out or something from the frozen food aisle...again?
Meet Tricia Callahan...founder of Once a Month Meals. Once a Month Meals is an amazing freezer cooking site that not only gives you the recipes but all of the tools from shopping lists to labels to make cooking for your family easier, quicker and even healthier.
In 2009 Tricia started Once a Month Meals as a free, hobby, freezer-meal-planning blog to empower other busy families to make meals ahead. In September of 2012, they implemented a paid membership model that would eventually go on to fund software development to aid busy freezer cooks with meal planning, released in late 2013. Today, Once A Month Meals continues to empower thousands of families each month to make meals ahead and learn to freezer cook! Tricia uses her "I don't have to cook dinner nightly" time to play Minecraft with her 10-year-old Asperger's son, craft with her 9-year old daughter and travel the world with her also-runs-his-own-business husband!
Tricia and I discuss who can benefit from freezer cooking, dispel myths about frozen food and tell you how you can get a FREE 5 recipe mini-menu by visiting the Once a Month Meals website.
You can watch Tricia make 20 Instant Pot or Crock Pot Meals in an hour by going HERE.
And the Crispy Cheddar Chicken recipe that I have dreams about HERE.
TRICIA'S TIPS FOR FREEZER COOKING
- Making the investment in freezer cooking means more time with your family because you are spending less time in the kitchen.
- Prepping and freezing meals ahead of time can save you about an hour a night in meal prep and clean up. That's a potential 30 hours a month!!!
- Batch freezer cooking helps you feed healthy food to your family faster because you are in control of the ingredients that go into every dish.
- By cooking and freezing your own meals, you save money per serving versus items in the frozen foods aisle.
- Try cooking with a friend if making 15 recipes at once sounds daunting. Trust me, I've tried it and it was FUN!
While we chat, we sip on delicious and festive Cranberry Lemon Martinis...perfect for any holiday gathering
CRANBERRY LEMON MARTINIS
1 T. Lemon Juice
1t. Simple Syrup (optional)
1 1/2 oz. White Cranberry Juice
1 1/2 oz. Citrus Vodka
Combine all ingredients over ice in cocktail shaker. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with lemon twist and frozen cranberries. Cheers!
New episodes of “Cocktails and Containers” are available every week.
You can find past episodes “Cocktails and Containers” here.