Need more tips and motivation to reach your goals in 2019?
I'm back with another interview to help you get a jump start on all those goals you have this year. Apparently January 12th is dubbed "Quitter's Day" because many people have given up their Resolutions by this day. But, gosh darn it, I won't let you do that!
And neither will my guest today...professional organizer Stefanie Wyres of Bring Peace Home in Dallas and Houston. Stefanie is a mom and soon to be empty nester that has been organizing from friends and family since she was a little girl.
Here is an overview of Stefanie tips for setting and reaching the goals you have:
- She knows it’s time for a change when she feels a restlessness inside for something different.
- The first step she takes toward reaching her goal is to visualize how the impact of her new goal. How it might make her life easier or better to help that change seem real in her life.
- If you get stuck or feel unmotivated, figure out a work around. Is there another way you can get the same result with a different strategy. Also, it helps to prepare yourself to use this back up strategy because, let’s face it, things usually go off the rails.
- Hold yourself accountable by writing the things you want to accomplish down accomplish down then pick what you want to prioritize and focus on.
- When it comes to how many goals to tackle at one time, try to prioritize what MUST be done first. It doesn’t mean you forget about the other things you would like to accomplish, but practice putting those aside and funneling your energy into what you need to focus on right now to move forward.
And now for today's cocktail...
Boozy Bailey's Iced Coffee
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1 oz Baileys
- 1/2 -1 oz vanilla vodka
- Whipped cream & cinnamon to garnish
If serving cold, add ice cubes and iced coffee to a small glass. Add Baileys and vodka (if using) and stir to combine. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon & serve immediately. If serving hot, follow same order, just skip the ice.
New episodes of “Cocktails and Containers” are available every week.
You can find past episodes “Cocktails and Containers” here.