Do you have any "heirlooms" around the house you just don't really want?
Or you don't know what to do with? Perhaps you know you have some "heirlooms" coming your way?
On today's Cocktails and Containers we discuss how to define an actual heirloom, how to have a conversation with parents or family members about what you can keep and how to value the items that remain.
This topic came out of my Cocktails and Containers Facebook group. Be sure to stop by and join us to chat all things organizing and simplifying your family. I go LIVE every week to answer your organizing questions. And the group loves to chime in on any issues you are having. You can join us HERE.
And here are the articles and books I mentioned on the podcast and in video to help you with that conversation about heirlooms with your parents or family members. (Amazon links are affiliate links):
- Book: The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning
- Book: The Boomer Burden by Julie Hall
- Article: Aging Parents With Lots of Stuff, and Children Who Don’t Want It
- Article: These Old Household Things are Worth a Lot of Money
- Article: How to Tell Your Parents You Don't Want Their Stuff
- Article: Sorry Parents...Nobody Wants the Family Heirlooms
- Article: Nobody Wants Your Parents Stuff
- Article: The kids are alright… but they don’t want your stuff
And to make that all go down easier, we are drinking Apple Cider Old Fashioneds....here is the recipe:
APPLE CIDER OLD FASHIONEDS
-2/3 C. Apple Cider
-2 oz. Bourbon
-2 dashes of Angostura bitters
-Optional: Apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
Mix cider, bourbon and bitters in cocktail shaker. Shake and pour over ice. Garnish and enjoy!
New episodes of “Cocktails and Containers” are available every week.
You can find past episodes “Cocktails and Containers” here.