Would you love if there was a way to understand organizing with your partner better?
This week we are exploring your home with your partner using your tendency as laid out in the best-selling book The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin.
If you aren't familiar with The Four Tendencies or want to know what you or your partner's tendency is, there is a free quiz you can take to determine your tendency and your partners. It only takes a few minutes but it is well worth the time for the insight into how you relate to expectations and motivation. You can take the quiz at quiz.gretchenrubin.com.
WHAT ARE THE FOUR TENDENCIES?
In a nutshell, Gretchen Rubin describes her four tendencies as ways we respond to expectations. Each of us falls into one category of the following:
- Upholder - Upholds expectations whether they are placed on themselves or by others. Very reliable, they get the job done but can burn themselves out doing so.
- Obliger - Feels obligated to the expectations of others but rarely holds themselves accountable. You can count on them to get things done which can lead to people using them.
- Questioner - Questions every aspect and angle of an expectation until they are satisfied with the decision, regardless of what others think. Thoughtful and resourceful, but they can fall victim to their own over-thinking.
- Rebel - Rebels against all expectations. Will decide not to act just because someone says they should, just because you can't tell them what to do. But when they decide to do something, they are 1000% on board.
Remember you can find out what tendency you or your partner are by taking Gretchen Rubin's free quiz here.
FOUR TENDENCIES ORGANIZING GUIDE FOR COUPLES
I have also created a worksheet for couples to help understand each other’s tendencies and how they can work together to organize their homes.
After you have taken the quiz and listened to the podcast, fill out this worksheet with your partner to get a better understand of their expectations and motivations.
- 1 1/2 oz (45ml) Vodka
- 1/2 oz. (15ml) Peach Schnapps
- 3 oz. (90ml) Pink Grapefruit Juice
- Sugar, Optional for Rim
- Strawberry, Optional for Garnish
Muddle strawberries in base of shaking glass and add ice. Next add vodka, simple syrup and grenadine. Shake well. Strain mix over dry ice and garnish with a heart shaped strawberry.