Feel like the words “simple” and “beauty” can’t coexist in your life? Today’s episode is for you!
If you want to put your best face forward but feel overwhelmed by all the steps. Or you think it takes too long to take care of your skin or put on your face… Never fear, beautiful mamas, my friend and beauty expert Stacie Hamilton from The Makeup Obsessed Mom is here to help. Stacie shares her tips for simple morning and evening skincare as well as steps for easy, beautiful, natural-looking makeup. And she shares fantastic and fun gift ideas for the holidays.
Stacie lives in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area in Texas. She is a happily married mom of 3 adult children and she became a grandma for the first time last week! Stacie is a brand ambassador for “Oprah Magazine” and won the 2018 Inspiration Award with her picture and quotes featured in the magazine. She has also been featured in “Family Circle” and “Women’s Day” magazines.
STACIE’S BASIC SKINCARE ROUTINES
Remember, before starting any new skincare routine, make sure you know your skin type so the products will be effective. And don’t add too many new steps at one time. You want to make sure you can identify what product causes an adverse reaction, in case you have one.
STACIE’S HOLIDAY GIFT SUGGESTIONS
The holidays are a great time to splurge on special items that make us feel good. And I love the idea of skincare and makeup as gifts because they are consumable…and therefore clutter-free. So a gift that helps me good about myself with minimal effort and doesn’t cause clutter in my house?!? Sign me up!
- Open Skincare Membership Amazing, high-quality skincare at affordable prices. Monthly memberships from $8/month and products start at $3.
- Curology Personalized prescription skincare by mail through a dermatology provider team. You get your first bottle free and only pay $4.95 for shipping and handling.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Sticks Gift Set Beautiful, easy-to-apply eye shadow sticks that add a pop of color with minimal effort.
- Yves Saint Laurent Engraved Lipsticks Have your luxurious, velvety lipstick engraved with a personal message for yourself (hello, beautiful) or a friend.
- It Cosmetics Value Set Amazing collection of all the products you need for a full face from a plastic surgeon created makeup line. (Be sure to check out all their value sets.)
CONNECT WITH STACIE
Bailey’s Chocolate Martini
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Cream de Cocoa
- 4 oz Bailey's Irish Cream (or your favorite flavor)
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Gently drizzle chocolate around the inside of two small coupe glasses.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Baileys Irish Cream, vodka, and creme de cocoa. Shake to combine.
- Gently pour into the prepared glasses. Top the martinis with whipped cream. Add chocolate shavings and enjoy!
New episodes of “Cocktails and Containers” are available every week.
You can find past episodes “Cocktails and Containers” here.