Is Work-Mom Life Balance a myth?
We could debate work-mom life balance all day. And never come to a definitive answer. But what I can tell you is that you can make tweaks to your systems to make balancing all the things in your mom life easier. Which brings me to today’s Follow Up Friday guest.
I featured Meg on an episode in February title “Balance for the WAHM & Vietnamese Iced Coffee“. She is a mom to 3 kids 5 and under, work from home mom and founder of MOKup Media. A former teacher, Meg started her business when she decided she wanted to spend more time with her kiddos after the birth of her second child. She has been working towards that elusive work-life balance ever since.
HOW MEG IS FINDING WORK- MOM LIFE BALANCE
- Meg has switched her baby from occasional bottles to full time bottle feeding. This helps him to sleep through the night and longer in the morning. It also allows Meg to sleep through the night and function in the morning.
- She also enlisted her mother-in-law to hang with her kiddos a couple mornings a week. This allows Meg some “focused work time.”
- And by making friends with some of the other moms at her kids preschool, Meg started doing playdate swaps with other families. This also allows her to steal a few focused moments during the week.
- The benefit of all this new found focused work time is her evening are now for family. Because she is able to complete work tasks during the day, she doesn’t feel obligated to answer emails or respond to clients in the evening. And they have even started having regular family game nights. Which was not possible under her previous chaotic daily schedule.
If you would like to chat with me about an organizing issue in your home, be sure to fill out my show survey. It’s just a couple questions. And takes just a few minutes. I’ll be in contact and you may just hear yourself on an upcoming “Cocktails and Containers” episode.
MORE ABOUT MEG
- MOKup Media (Meg’s Social Media Management company)
- Instagram: @MOKupMedia or @megokerns
- Twitter: @MOKupMedia
- Meg’s “Life, Marriage & a Baby Carriage” Podcast
New episodes of “Cocktails and Containers” are available every week.
You can find past episodes “Cocktails and Containers” here.